Bangs.. I have always had a love/hate relationship with them..Every time I cut them I remind my friends to never let me do it again. I think i realized why… I have been struggling with blowing them, ironing them and otherwise figuring out ways to get them to lay flat, obey! obey! I have seen the light.. Work with what god gave you.. I’m going wavy from here on in… Takin’ a lesson from my girls below.
I started with my hair pretty straight from the day before.
Now I would normally have made my own surf spray but since I have these great new extensions I am under strict instructions to not let my hair touch saltwater. Ever. So, armed with a spray bottle of good ol’ NY tap and some smoothing serum I went to town. Basically I sprayed allover with a fine mist until damp, let it dry completely, brushed it through and then put the smoothing serum in. Worked out pretty well.. Pics below.
I’ve been gearing up for spring and chomping at the bit to get some fresh looks for the new season.. I’ve also been wanting to simplify things.. have more pieces that will go with anything. I want to be able to reach inside my closet, pull out a pair of pants or jeans a top have it be a no brainer. I gravitate towards black and white naturally and upon perusing my wardrobe realized most of it consisted of black, white, gray and denim with pops of red. I was thinking clean and classic with a hint of boho. So, I put together a board of inspirational outfits reflecting this easy peezy way of dressing.
I’m lucky enough to be able to achieve most of these looks with out breaking the bank by re-purposing existing pieces in my closet. But, just for you! Here are a few key pieces if you want to update your wardrobe in a monochromatic way. It’s great to be able to pull any of these pieces and throw them together for a variety of looks.
2. Cable knit sweater. This is more on the pricey side but its such a staple its worth splurging. JCrew $219. Throw it over the lace dress or pair with the destructed skinny jeans.
3. Black button down also from Topshop, $76. Tucked into the black flare jean this will have a louche, luxe, air about it. Top with the fedora.
5. Always can count on Madewell for a comfortable heel. These are on sale for $139 right now.. Here’s your pop of red. They literally go with everything seen above.
6. This is the piece I am currently coveting of all the pieces listed. Philip Lim 3.1 silk tee $250.00. I need this in my life. Tuck just the front of the tee (half tuck) into the destructed jeans or the black skinnies and you’re good to go.
7. Can’t beat a fur vest for a boho look. Topshop and on SALE for $60. This would look great layered over a silk button down and the black flare jeans.
8. Pair this dress with the red shoe and call it a day. Tess Giberson Silk cocoon dress for $595. If anyone has seen a comparable dress for less than this, please, please shoot me a line.
9. This is a men’s sweatshirt but I would just buy the smallest size so it has that nice slouchy feel to it. Alexander Wang for $195. You could also go the American Apparel route. This is great for the weekend paired with the destructed jeans and red heels. Layer a rhinestone necklace with it to add some sparkle.
10. This pleated white skirt from River Island for $64 would look great with the cable sweater or a white button down for an all white ensemble..
11. A pair of medium wash, skinny destructed jeans are kind of a must right now. Says the girl who doesn’t own a pair yet. These are Citizens and clock in at $250 but you can always find some at Forever 21.
12. Black high waisted flare jeans. Ok, I know this is a stretch for a lot of people, but I swear they are FLATTERING. Maybe find a pair not so high waited but the super flare lengthens the leg like no other. These are Habitual $205. I know they are on the more expensive side but good jeans that fit great are well worth the investment in my opinion.
13. White blazer from Madewell, $138.00 is a staple you’ll wear with everything. Thrown over the gray sweatshirt is a great way to elevate a casual look.
14. Last but not least an ankle length skinny black jean with some zipper details for a little edge. River Island $80.
Even a couple of these pieces will expand your wardrobe greatly since they can be worn in so many ways with pieces I am sure you already have hanging in your closets.
Here’s to simplifying!